CSHS Court Set Up
There are 11 badminton courts at the Chief Sealth High School gyms. Badminton court dimension is the same as a pickleball court, except the kitchen line is 6 inches farther from the net for pickleball. We need volunteers to help set up and clean up on each league day. Below are the contact person for each task.
|Task||Set Up||Clean Up|
|Lines||John R.||John R.|
|Nets||Jane D.||Rosina G.*|
|Barrier||Robin Y.||Wiktor G.|
*League Admins – Rosina, Nicole, and Amy are also available for general inquiry
- Measure kitchen line and net positions (RED tape)
- Taping kitchen lines, corners, and Ts (ORANGE tape)
- Assemble 11 SwiftNets
- Set up barrier between the left and right courts in the big gym to keep balls from rolling to opposite courts.
Measure and Taping Lines
This is the most time-consuming set up. Please review the steps before league day.
- RED tape is used as markers for kitchen lines and net location only
- We have red makers on the gym floor but some may come off between league days.
- Please let the admins know if you notice missing markers.
- ORANGE tape is used for the 2 kitchen lines, 4 corners, and 4 Ts on each court.
- Volunteers for lines set up will be assigned to taping all 11 courts.
- Start with corners and Ts until the kitchen line markers are ready
- Kitchen Lines – the tapes align with the arrow tip. Do not cover the red tape markers
- Corners and Ts – tape covers the badminton line and align the outer edges
11 SwiftNets to set up and break down every week. Nets are set up on the courts back-to-back and should be on top of the RED marking tape 7′ from the kitchen lines on each court.
Barrier Between Courts
We are using the badminton portable posts to tie a rope, then use binder clips to hang 100′ of weed barrier fabric. This is set up in the main gym only.
The middle section will be the league admin table and 2 benches on each side. Put the 8 Swiftnet storage bags to block balls in this section.
- 5 folding tables (one for league admins)
- keep clipboards with score sheets on the tables to allow quicker transition between games
- 2 folding benches
- 2 sections of barrier